Hello Fellow Fitness and Food lovers! Welcome to the un-diet.

Wow!  This was a long time in coming! My first blog post!  I am so excited! Well, let me give you a brief summary of what my blog will encompass.  I will be writing about fitness and food.  To be fit and healthy, what we eat is roughly 80% of our being fit.  Working out is the other 20%.  If we are eating foods that are unclean such as boxed items (preservative laden), items with refined sugars and flours, and high fat our bodies will rebel. This is not a diet. This is a healthy lifestyle change! Welcome to the first day of  being fit and clean! YES YOU CAN!!!

This is a journey we can take together. I am striving to not eat preservatives and only eat clean food. I LOVE to work out and am currently studying to become a personal trainer through ACE (American Council on Exercise).

A little about me: I am a happily married 30-something mother of 3 who wants to live a long, healthy life free of  illness and disease. I believe that this can be obtained through REAL FOOD and EXERCISE.  Every little bit helps. I am not perfect, but strive to do my best and resist temptations.  I do not want to be overweight, or skinny-fat. REAL FOOD and EXERCISE will allow my body to run at an optimum level.

Join me on my Fit and Clean journey. Any comments appreciated! More information and pictures to come!

Jessica

Advertisements

4 Responses to Hello Fellow Fitness and Food lovers! Welcome to the un-diet.

  1. Jennifer Walsh says:

    Your website is inspiring, and makes me wish you were here to make me one of those salads! I want to exercise, but am overweight and feel lazy. There is a treadmill gathering dust in my garage. Eating clean sounds great, I have 3 kids too-and I fall into using the boxed stuff for convenience sake. Do you cook clean for the kids or make special meals for yourself and give in to the “blue box blues” for the kids?

    • Jessica says:

      Thank you 🙂 No one is perfect, including myself…but I try my best to cook clean for the entire family. I have what I call “go-to” meals…I cook them on Sunday then we eat them all week. Easy “go-to” meals are chicken breast, pork loin, turkey breast or ground turkey. You can cook up one batch and have many different meals from the same item. For example, (chicken) = chicken fajitas, baked chicken, chicken and brown rice, mexican chicken, chicken soup….all healthy, all clean and easy to make.

  2. Jennifer Walsh says:

    So, you cook up a variety of proteins and then use them in different ways throught the week? What about spices-can you use the jarred variety, or only fresh? Are the steamable frozen bags of veges ok?

    • Jessica says:

      Exactly! Spices are fantastic, but be aware of sugar, high fructose corn syrup (hfcs) and MSG. Personally, I like Mrs. Dash because it is salt and MSG free. I use the steamed veggie bags when they’re on sale, but it’s cheaper just to buy them in big bags and steam them, so I do that also.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: